Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Magic Blanket

So, we have this ongoing joke in our house about the magic blanket. We were given a Little Giraffe Blanket and blanky (little square blanket) for a shower gift when Connor was born! It was a gorgeous blanket and super soft! We washed it up and folded it with all the other blankets and stuck it in the drawer. When Connor was about 1 month old he was crying hysterically one night and we couldn't get him to calm down. We had tried everything. Finally I went into his room looking for something that would help soothe him and I found the Little Giraffe blanket. I grabbed it and handed it to Matt who wrapped Connor up in and you wouldn't believe it but we were able to get him to calm down! He loved being rocked and snuggled up in this SUPER soft blanket. Needless to say these blankets have stuck around. We have big blanky and little blanky. Fortunately, Connor does not carry his blankets around all the time but does prefer to have them when it's time for sleep!

We love these blankets SO much I decided to order one for Ryan's easter basket. Check it out here. I ordered the dark blue version! I cannot wait for Easter so we can start using this blanket. Ryan LOVES to be cuddled up snug in something soft and it has taken every bit of restraint not to pull it out and give it to him. It's not like he will know the the difference right?! Needless to say I hope this blanket works the same kind of magic on Ryan that it did on Connor. I was watching Ryan today as he slept in his car seat and was pulling the blanket up to his face so it looks like I need to break down and order him a blanky for travel.

So, that is my plug for the Little Giraffe Blankets. Sorry to spoil that surprise but if you are a friend of mine and have a baby this is what you will be getting from me or my Mom! :) It it my one can't live without baby item. Okay, I have a bunch of can't live without items but this is our favorite! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment