Friday, January 23, 2009

Awww.....the weather!

It's beautiful outside! 80 degrees in Jan. It's days like this that I wish Connor was old enough to enjoy the park. But, since he isn't we improvised and enjoyed some time on our back patio. He really seems to enjoy being outside. I hope he enjoys it as much as I did as a kid. Lydia and I hardly ever watched TV as kids. We were outside ALL the time. It didn't seem to bother us if it was cold.....we were out riding our bikes anyway. And who can forget the mud pies in the backyard during the summer....oh what a mess we made! My poor parents.

It's so hard to keep kids away from TV these days but I am doing my best to leave the TV on as little as possible. I turn on the radio and sing to Connor while we play. I have to admit I have cheated a little bit and let him watch Mickey Mouse while on his tummy....it's the only way I can distract him. He HATES tummy time. What else can I do?!
Well, here are a few pics of our day outside and Connor enjoying his Winnie the Pooh today!

1 comment:

  1. I remember making those mud pies and jumping on the tramp to New Kids on the Block! Oh the days!! I try and steer clear of the tv as well but some days, you gotta do what you gotta do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete