Friday, January 30, 2009

Poo

Okay, so the title itself should already have you letting out a little chuckle but OH keep reading it only gets better! Connor and I had the worst diaper change in our history on Tuesday. I have been changing him on the floor recently becuase he is trying really hard to roll over and I don't want it to be while I have him on the changing table. So I get him on the floor on a blanket (thankfully) but without the nifty little sheet savers I normally use. Oh well, I think to myself it's only a wet one. So, I get the diaper off get him wiped and start getting the other diaper unfolded when I hear this lovely pooing sound. At first I think okay...it was just a toot and then I look down and OH NO it was not just a toot it was a full poo! And to make matters worse I am holding his legs up so it's now a projectile poo! I look down to assess the damamge and it's all over the blanket and my jeans! Not my jeans....the only post-pregnancy jeans I like! Looks like it will be sweatpants for the rest of the day. Well, you think yeah that's pretty funny....it gets worse. As I try to get things cleaned up he starts moving around so I have to get him shifted where he won't roll in the poo. And while all this is going on I have yet to put a new diaper on and as all little boys do he starts peeing with a perfect arch into his mouth, eyes, and hair. Lovely....how can I make this stop! So, I get the diaper on thankfully....no more fluids from that end. Wipe off his face and hair. Then the dog comes in and decides that this smells pretty good!!!!!! Are you kidding?! I finally get her to leave the scene and get everything cleaned up. Needless to say....only I can turn a simple pee diaper into a natural diaster! Oh the joys of motherhood! :)

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I have totally been there. Boys and their bodily fluids are something a mom definitely has to get used to. I wish that I could tell you that it gets better, but wait till poop is something that interest him! Things get wonderful then! That's a great mommy story. Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story!!! Hilarious and I have a very similar story when Gentry was only 2 days old!!! The bad thing is Jeff took a picture of me and all the glorious poo instead of helping me clean him up!!! You would think they grow out of the appreciation for poo, but they don't!!!! Better luck on your next pee diaper, and keep the camera handy, times like that make great blogging pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete