Friday, January 9, 2009

Thoughts of a Working Mom

So, as I have been working for the past month I have really come to realize and respect how hard it is to be a working Mom. Now, I realize some women LOVE to work and are better parents for it and honestly I thought I would fall into thist category until I went back to work. I then realized that I truly was meant to raise my child and look forward to being home. Matt and I are so blessed that we have this option.

As I come home every night to a content but not happy baby my heart breaks as I hear the stories of how cute he was all day. That he giggled, smiled, and talked all day. While I am so thankful that I have family to watch him while I have been at work and I am happy that they get to experience the Connor that I know I can't help but be jealous that they got to experience the best part of my day while I was at work. I arrive home at 6pm to a tired baby who is normally ready to wind down his day....have a bottle, take a bath, and off to bed! While I treasure this time I know I am missing so much. I can't imagine dropping him off at daycare with someone who will take great care of him I am sure but will not treasure him as I do or even the family that has been watching him over the past month.

With all that being said....I can't wait for Monday afternoon when I get to go home and spend time with my precious son and get back into a routine. While Connor has been kept on an amazing routine....I need to get myself back on a schedule! :)

So, kudos to all working Mom's because it's TOUGH!

Love,
Mamma McNicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment